The Forgotten Carols and Hey! who turned out the lights?

So Saturday night Gary and I went to the Forgotten Carols with my little sister Jessica, her boyfriend Josh, my cousin Jase and his date Megan. It was AMAZING! I cannot even explain how good it was. If any of you have not been I extremely, highly recommend it. It totally got me into the Christmas mood. It truly reminded me why we celebrate Christmas. Michael McLean had everyone link arms and sing at the end of the performance and it sounds kinda weird, but the spirit was so strong. It was so neat! I want to go again. I think this is just going to have to be a new tradition for us!

After the play we went over to Temple Square to look at the lights and continue with the spirit we had already felt. So the whole drive there I kept saying "Are you sure the lights will be on? It's almost 10." and everyone was like "oh yeah they'll be on. They won't go off till after midnight, I bet." So after a crazy time trying to park we finally get inside the Joseph Smith building. This is the gorgeous tree in the center. We walk out one of the doors and guess what everyone? No lights! Ha ha Dang it! So we just walked around for a few minutes and took some pictures. We will just have to go back again so this time we can see the lights.

This was one of my favorite pictures because it was just our outline and the Temple. I wanted one that was more centered, but we couldn't figure out how my little sister did it, so we couldn't get another one like this.


Us in front of the beautiful Temple.

Comments

Hollie said…
How fun! I love the forgotten Carols! It's so much fun! I am a bit jelous! I haven't been in a couple years! You guys are so cute! Love ya!
Kelly & Jamie said…
I LOVED the forgotten carols! it was my first time going to and it was the first time i felt in the christmas mood, it was so fun and spiritual and that dudes voice gave me chills the whole time! and i loved the linking arms thing at the end! And sorry about the lights being out at temple square but that picture is was neat!
Tyler and Camie said…
I've never been to those and I really want to go! That picture of you guys is really neat! Love ya girl we need to hang out!
Jodie said…
I love that picture of you guys!! wow!! me and skyler have been wanting to go to the lights too! I also loves the forgotten carols! our family had a great time too, its way good to remind us of the true meaning of christmas!
nixon5 said…
Love the pictures of you. That was really cool.
i have not been for a few years but I loved it.
jodi said…
jen!!! those pictures are SO cute!!! i miss you guys... can we please play soon??? love ya!
Niels and Kayla said…
ok i must tell you a very disappointing story... we had tickets to go to the forgotten carols this year while we were up there, and my dad read on the ticket that it was up at weber state, so he thought! We got there and there was a bball game going on...yeah it was at the mckay event center in orem! We were SO bummed! We totally missed it! :( I love the forgotten carols, it is amazing!
Brett and Megan said…
That's so funny, the same thing happened to Kami and I and our husbands a few years ago! We went around nine thirty after eating somewhere and they were turned off! Kind of lame, you would think they would keep them on longer, especially on the weekends.
Niels and Kayla said…
No, we didnt stay for the bball game, we out to dinner and went christmas shopping with our sad faces on...we were so bummed to miss it, but we will have to catch it next year hopefully! And i take after my dad so i would of done the same thing if i would of been in charge of the tickets haha!
I want to go see the forgotten carols so bad!! You are a very lucky girl!! I might just have to get a babysitter and go!! By the way I love the picture of you two in front of the temple!! Gorgeous!!
Anonymous said…
I love the forgotten carols. The picture of you in front of the temple with your outlines is so pretty, I love it.
Jenessa, Thank you so much for the comment!! I am so glad you understand.. and like actually know everything that is like going through my mind with all of this! ha ha Your words are so uplifting to me and make me feel better about the whole situation! So thanks!! But I am jealous you got to go to the forgotten carols! I went last year with clint.. but didn't make it this year! ha ha... you are Gary are so precious!! I love you!